The Aztec and Mayan civilizations ate Chia as a fundamental part of their diet. It was a powerful source of energy for long trips and was essential food for the warriors, hence it was also known as “the food of long walks”.
These mild, nutty seeds are a fast and simple way to enhance your daily diet with an extra boost of dense superfood nutrition.
A gluten free superseed, chia seeds are a source of Calcium and Iron, a high source of Fiber, and provide 3 grams of vegetarian Omega-3 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. Chia seeds also contain protein, essential vitamins and minerals and a host of antioxidants, giving them an ORAC value of 1,200 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. The ORAC value is a measurement of the antioxidant capacity of different foods.
What are the benefits of NutriBucket Chia Seeds?
• Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• A high source of Fiber
• A source of Calcium and Iron
• A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega-3 with 3 grams per serving
How to Use Chia Seeds?
- Mix with fruit and milk shakes
- Chia is an excellent substitute for egg in baked meals
- Add it to milk, stir fries, yogurt, salads, fruits, soups etc
- You can mix it to sauces to add texture
How to Store Chia Seeds?
Always store in a cool, dry, dark place. Refrigeration is not required.